I debated against having new year resolutions because after all, resolutions are meant to be broken ;) However I do think it's a good idea to commit myself to Change. After all, Katemonaco 2008 has to be better than Katemonaco of 2007. LOL
1. To commit myself to GOD and to surrender everything and trust in the LORD. To do his WILL, and not mine.
****I want to be a display of GOD's work and a better Christian. ****
2. To be more patient and love everyone
3. To grow and became better at my job.
4. To lose bodyfat and gain more muscle definition. Getting there. . .
5. Spend more time with my friends. I love you guys even though I don't see you all that often. :P
6. Pick up a book on personal finance so that I can make my money GROW instead of suffering diminishing returns in my savings account.
SO what is your new year's resolution? My pal J said that her's is to eat less sugar and dessert. :)
Today hasn't been a particular good day but I commit everything to GOD and know that he will do the best for me. No point pondering about it. That being said, I feel that I need to treat myself to something scrumptious this weekend. Still dreaming of poached eggs at Jone's the Grocer. Or perhaps I can check out the burgers at Relish.
I have switched camps, well at least for the moment. Well, there are generally 3 types of pet owners, namely the DOG camp, CAT camp and the UN camp, i.e these people usually have a mini zoo of pets at home. Hands up if you are one of them. I grew up loving both cats and dogs equally but have been more of a dog person in recent years.
Until I met a fluff ball with the ass reminiscent of J Lo and the likes of Beyonce. My current love is Elsie. Because of her, I have re-discovered my affections for cats. You see, I have a thing for fat cats. They have to be fat or I won't find them cute. Perhaps having extra adipose tissue is indicative of how lush an animal is. Elsie, lives in the lap of luxury. She stays in a gorgeous service apartment and feasts on Fancy Feast pates all day long. It's no wonder that she's voluptuously shaped. If she languishes in the dusty streets of bangkok, just like the many depressing dogs that are dime a dozen, there is no way she can remain clean, soft and plush. I love her because she is
1. Soft, clean
2. Smells good
3. Low maintenance
Sorry Summer, you are smelly, high maintenance and super noisy. Elsie is the dream of every man. She is soft, smells good and low maintenance. . the qualities of a good woman. LOL. . Suffice to say, I miss Elsie.
I am still in delirium. Had the most delightful macarons ever in my life and now can die without regrets. I have not felt such euphoria in a very long time so highly suspect that the macarons must be spiked with drugs. How else can you explain the feeling of euphoria after biting into the delectable macarons from Pierre Herme. If this is what heaven feels like, can the Lord just take me now? My only quibble with the famed Pattiserie is that they neglected to include a description of the flavours in the box so I can only hazzard a guess. I reckon I had the pistache, chocolate and lemon.
Okay, now I am officially a macaron snob and will not eat anything other than Pierre Herme. For those non-macaron fans out there, you must be wondering what the fuss is all about. Prior to this epiphany, I wasn't a fan as well. Macarons are sickening sweet and I prefer a cake anytime. That is because we are surrounded by mediocre macarons, so I don't blame people.
What makes a macaron from Pierre Herme different? For starters, it's not one dimensional. I have read about how everyone goes gaga over macarons so I decided to try it for myself to see what's it all about. The first one I have eaten was from Choupinette. First reaction was 'interesting' and super sweet but ultimately nothing special. It's just super sweet. After that first experience, I also tried Bakerzin's and Canele's and they suffered the same fate as Choupinette's. So for a while, I was just clueless about the allure of the almightly macaron. Canele is trying to be different and recently came up with a limited edition version. I tried the one with truffles and it was interesting. Kudos to Canele for trying to come up with non conventional flavours.
Pierre Herme's macarons are sublime and has complex flavours. The first taste will be sweet and it doesn't stop there. After that initial burst of sweetness, the flavours explode in the mouth with a myriad of flavours. It's not one dimensional and doesn't stop at being sweet. One of my best pals Jenevieve brought back some from Tokyo for me. She is the ultimate friend. I have tried in vain to procure some from Japan but have been unsuccessful.
I couldn't resist trying the famed macarons after collecting it late Sunday night. It was to be my dessert since I didn't manage to eat dessert course at the wedding I attended earlier. Like all weddings, it started late so we decided to leave the wedding at 11pm.Wedding was held at the new amara at Sentosa. Beautiful place. Back to the macaron experience. . Gosh, the complex flavours just exploded in my mouth and I was sooo happy! It put me in a really good mood that night and I feel asleep with a big smile on my face. A sweet ending to the night, indeed!
I tried the chocolate macaron yesterday after dinner. It was like eating an exquisite chocolate truffle cake encased in a macaron. Amazing! I also like the fact that the macarons are pretty big so I get to savour more of it:P
It was around 11 pm when I decided to surf for blogs about macarons and reading about other folks experiences only made me yearn for more. Man, I had serious food lust and needed to satisfy it Pronto. So I nipped downstairs to collect my last macaron and savoured it. It was a nice canary yellow and the first bite made me think of a citron tart. The lemony-ness of it, just like lemon curd, lemon meringue etc.. .it left an aftertaste of passionfruit, so I'm curious to know the flavour I tried.
I couldn't stop grinning like a stupid idiot and thought how perfect life is. Needless to say, I fell asleep with a smile on my face, again! Thank god for the experience. God is good! Like I said before, I can now die without regrets. You must be thinking that I am so easily satisfied. Hahaha. . .I would probably say 'Yes', to a proposal in a heartbeat if anyone presented me with a box of Pierre Herme's macarons :P
Who needs crack when one has macarons? Not just any macarons though.
I hate that word - Responsibility. It can feel like a plague at times, suffocating and incessant, almost like a baby's cry. If only we can push it away and not have to deal with it. But that can be called running away or not being responsible. *Sulks*
Positivity. I'm sure we all know some people who are forever bright and gleaming. Nothing seems to faze them and I call them eternal optimists. My goal is to smile alot more and not let work affect me. I shall clone myself to be an eternal optimist too. Ok, gonna excuse myself and practice some yoga. To calm the savaged soul in me. Namaste.
1. Read the fine print! When youe dining out, you can lose 10 pounds per year by choosing a ight?entr嶪, such as grilled chicken and salad. Those healthy choices can have at least 250 calories less than traditional meat dishes.
2. The sundae solution! Pour a tablespoon of chocolate over fresh fruit and your total calorie intake for this snack is 110 to 160 calories compared to the 250 calories found in a candy bar or the 500 calories found in an ice cream cone.
3. Set your alarm! Even a modest amount of exercise -- walking 15 minutes, 5 times a week -?burns calories.
4. Pedal while you prattle! Next time you're chatting on the phone, get on your bike. Pedaling on a stationary bike at 10 miles an hour for 25 minutes burns 100 calories. A faster pace of 17 miles per hour for 15 minutes also burns 100 calories. Get spinning.
5. Beware the burger blast! A half-pound of grilled hamburger meat has about 800 calories. The same amount of lean roast beef has half this amount. 6. Cooking with spray! Each tablespoon of butter or margarine has 100 calories. Substitute a vegetable oil spray for one tablespoon.
7. Join the snack committee! Healthful snacks make an incredible difference. Swapping a serving of fruit for the usual supercookie each week will save you at last 500 calories. And youl probably save 1,000 calories since few of us stop at one cookie!
8. The Happy Hour trap! Suppose you avoid three "happy hours" a month. You could possibly lose up to 31 pounds in a year (if you are usually somewhat of a party animal).
9. The secret is plastics! When you use plastic containers to store meals -- especially batch meals you prepare ahead of time -- youl forego all those calories that come from lunches at greasy spoon dinners.
10. Slash corporate calories! Office-prepared dinners, a frozen dinner or frozen leftovers, will easily have 400 fewer calories than restaurant meals. If you work late an average of three times a week, this change alone will help you lose about 18 pounds a year.
So there you are. . .10 ways as courtesy of ediets.